Monday, December 29, 2014

Thoughts for the day - Courage

Today I wanted to share some thoughts about courage.  On a daily basis I hear stories of courage from the hospice patients I'm honored to serve.  They are so brave because they look at their challenge with strength and courage, and inspire others to persevere.  I hope you find these quotes inspirational.  Take care.   Dave

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that
something else is more important than fear.”
― Ambrose Redmoon

"Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.”
― Maya Angelou

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.”
― Mark Twain

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
― Nelson Mandela

"Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.”
― Adam Lindsay Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear your thoughts. Take care, Dave.