Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Creating Joy - Dance in the Movie


Good Morning,

Joy is a word that doesn't seem to be used very often or just in certain circles, but it's a great word that should really impact each of our lives.

"the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joy).

The other day I expereinced this elation that overhauled the bad day I was having.  I've been busy lately quite a bit, hence the lack of post, and needed to have some fun to get me out of my funk.  My wife and I decided that we would take our newly turned 3 year old daughter to her first movie.  Some of you might be thinking as I often have "this is no place for a kid that small".  I'm glad to report that my daughter did extremely well watching "RIO 2" because we sat in the very front where she could move around a little.  It was so fun to see how she enjoyed the movie, but my feeling of pure joy came after the movie during the credits.  As the credits rolled there was music b
eing played, and my daughter danced gleefully around with pure happiness.  I just watched her little feet, and listed to her sweet voice as she sang along.  My heart swelled with love and happiness in that moment.  That brief moment transformed the rest of my day, and took away the stress and funk I'd been feeling.

When was the last time you felt pure joy in your life?  I truly believe that it's an emotion that we all need in much greater quantities.  Here a 4 ways (there are probably a ton more) you can infuse your life with more Joy:
  • Spend time with those special people in your life doing something fun - In these moments great things can occur that leave you with that feeling of joy that can overhaul the worst of days.

  • Take time each day for Yourself to reflect - Having time to yourself to review your thoughts and your feelings can provide the balance necessary to maintain a sense of happiness by reducing stress.  Use that time to meditate, read, or listen to something that inspires you.

  • Find a purpose that impact others - Doing something for others pays dividends to you while creating a benefit to those on the receiving end.  Look for opportunities in your life to give to others.  The feeling of joy you receive will be more than any effort.
  • An attitude of Gratefulness - when you think about the things you have in your life it can bring a sense of joy.  Even in the toughest moments in life, taking time to be grateful can transform your feelings and bring a necessary smile to your face.

I hope you have the chance this week to feel a sense of joy or "Dance in the Movie".  You'll be amazed at how your perspective will be altered as you look at the world with a smile.  Take care, and have a wonderful day.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear your thoughts. Take care, Dave.