Monday, July 18, 2016

Thoughts for the Day - Seeing the best in others leads to kindness...


As a nurse I'm often placed in situations where I meet people that I initially think are very different than myself.  I quickly come to realize that I'm completely wrong.  I find through our meeting that we may have travelled different paths, but our experience of being a human in this world is something that can be similar.  We all experience the same emotions at various points during our lives, and with all the recent sadness we've seen occurring in our country it's time for us to look beyond our differences and try to see the goodness in others by treating others with kindness.  Take care, and have a great day.

Dave

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”
Plato

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”
Desmond Tutu

“How would your life be different if…You stopped making negative judgmental assumptions about people you encounter? Let today be the day…You look for the good in everyone you meet and respect their journey.”
Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free   

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
Aesop

“I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.”
Mother Teresa, A Gift for God: Prayers and Meditations   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear your thoughts. Take care, Dave.