Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thoughts for the Day - Finding Your Reason


All of us have a reason for the things we do in life.  We need to live a life with purpose or we most likely will feel unfulfilled.  Therefore, here are some thoughts for your day about going after your purpose.  Take care.

Dave

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson


“I want to live my life in such a way that when I get out of bed in the morning, 


“The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 


“The purpose of life is not to be happy—but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you lived at all.”
Leo Rosten 


“Lord, when I feel that what I'm doing is insignificant and unimportant, help me to remember that everything I do is significant and important in your eyes, because you love me and you put me here, and no one else can do what I am doing in exactly the way I do it.”
Brennan Manning, Souvenirs of Solitude: Finding Rest in Abba's Embrace  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear your thoughts. Take care, Dave.