Monday, January 5, 2015

Thoughts for the Day - Unbroken, Louie's Way to Win the Race


Louie is the subject of the new movie "Unbroken".  It tells about his story as a WW2 pilot who survived many difficulties during his service.  The quotes highlight his thoughts and perspective about life and being a survivor.


"Yet a part of you still believes you can fight and survive no matter what your mind knows. It's not so strange. Where there's still life, there's still hope. What happens is up to God.” 
― Louis Zamperini


"People tell me, "You're such an optimist". Am I an optimist? An optimist says the glass is half full. A pessimist says the glass is half empty. A survivalist is practical. He says, "Call it what you want, but just fill the glass." I believe in filling the glass.” 
― Louis Zamperini


"It was all in His hands now - as it had always been.” 
― Louis Zamperini


“One moment of pain is worth a lifetime of glory.” 
― Louis Zamperini


"God has given me so much. He expects so much out of me.” 
― Louis Zamperini


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear your thoughts. Take care, Dave.