Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Don't Be Afraid to Be Amazing...

Good Morning,

Today I wanted to talk about believing in yourself because it is the only way people can become finishers.  By finisher I mean winner, champion, achieving your goals, and making a life that you want for yourself and those important to you.

Have you ever had a great idea, concept, or a plan that would fix a problem?  Have you been told that it won't work, or been ignored, or the people you pitched the idea to decided to go a different direction?  I'm sure it's a yes to all of those questions because if you want to go anywhere in life you have to take some risks.  You also need to believe in yourself in those instances, and believe in what you can offer people that will positively affect others.

A year and a half ago I personally left a corporate position because I wanted to make a change in people's lives. In my last position I was unable to get that accomplished for a number of reasons, but I still believed there was something more I was supposed to do.  The creation of the eBook I've co-authored that will be released in a month is a dream coming true that I hope will help people change their lives.

During the process I've experienced unexpected personal and family illnesses,  financial challenges, depression, and frustration at times.  That's life for each and everyone one of us, but through it all I've held on to the belief that I want to make a difference.  I want to be the change, I want to see people take control of their lives, and I want to see people live longer lives with those they love by sharing some information that will help end their battle with smoking.

What is it for you?  Do you have doubters or do you doubt yourself?  We all have moments of uncertainty, but you need to remember who you are, the talents you have, and how you want to make others' lives better by following that passion.  I'm going to leave you with some quotes below that hopefully will encourage you today.  Have an amazing week, and look in that mirror and tell yourself "I can do it"!!!  Take care.   Dave 
 
 


"To succeed we must first believe that we can."  

Michael Korda

 
"A person can be as great as they want to be.  If you believe in yourself, and have courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive, and if you are willing to sacrifice little things in life, and pay the price for the things that are more."  

Vince Lombardi

 
"Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe."  

Cynthia Kersey

 
"To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when no one else will."

Sugar Ray Robinson

 
"Don't be afraid to be amazing."

Andy Offutt Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear your thoughts. Take care, Dave.